Holiday

Gas safety may affect you in two ways when going on holidays:
 

  • Your onw home
    Make sure your appliances are turned off. However, in very cold weather, your central heating bolier can be left operating at a low setting in order to prevent water pipes from freezing.
     
  • Holiday accomodation
    When staying in a rented holiday home or hotel, you may be at risk from poorly maintained, badly installed or faulty appliances. Poisonous carbon monoxide (CO) gas may be released from poorly maintained gas appliances in the property without you knowing it as odourless, colourless and tasteless.
    You don'y know how often the gas appliances have been checked or serviced by the owners.
    One way to avoid danger is to take a battery operated audible carbon monoxide alarm with you on holiday. Such alarm can be purchased from most DIY retailers in the country for around €40.
© 2017 Register of Gas Installers of Ireland, Unit 9, KCR Industrial Estate, Ravensdale Park, Kimmage, Dublin 12.

Search

Search - Use spaces to separate your keywords