The Energy ( Miscellaneous Provisions ) Act 2006 authorised the Commission for Energy Regulation ( CER ) to appoint Bodies to carry out the function of regulating gas installers with respect to safety on it’s behalf.
The CER developed a Criteria document setting out the detailed rules,procedures and requirements in relation to fulfilling the obligations and functions of the regulatory system by Registered Gas Installers, Gas Safety Supervisory Bodies designated by the Commission, BGE Networks and other relevant parties. Registered Gas Installers must agree to be bound to the Criteria in order to be registered.
The document is made up of the following sections:
Section A - Introduction & Interpretation
- Section B - The Body
- Section C - The Registered Gas Installer
- Section D - Disciplinary Procedures
- Section E - Appeals Process
- Section F - Authorised Officer
- Appendix 1: Operational Procedures
All Gas Installers should make themselves familiar with the Criteria Document and in particular sections C to F.
Click Here to view the Criteria Document Version 1.3 of 27/06/2011
PS: the following modifications to the criteria document apply:
- Inclusion of LPG installers within the RGII scheme from 27th June 2011: click here to view the document;
- Registration of Installers and qualification requirements: click here to view.